Thursday, March 25, 2010

Home Check

Besides dog training I am a volunteer for Labradors & Friends in San Diego. I do home checks for them for prospective adopters. I do enjoy the work but I do not take it lightly. It is easy when you see a very good potential new family for a dog that is in need of a new home but it gets a little dicey when there is some question in your mind.

You always want to help the family find their dog, and for the dog to find its forever home but once in awhile you come across a situation that you have to think about for one reason or the other. It does weigh on you a bit that you might make the wrong decision and that if you had not approved the dog for a home that might not be a good fit that the dog could have gone to a wonderful home and had a very good life. I guess that you just have to trust your heart when you make that determination.

If you have a question about dog training you can contact me through the web site: acmek9services.com

No comments:

Post a Comment